Verdun Adventure Bound’s (VAB) facilities cover 86 acres of natural habitat and are ideal for youth-oriented groups seeking outdoor educational and adventure experiences. VAB is reserved for use by groups from churches, schools, civic and business organizations, etc. Such groups may make use of the facilities after completing the reservation / registration process. Overnight stays are limited to primitive camping (campers provide their own tents and equipment). All other facilities are limited to day (8am-3pm) and evening (4pm-10pm) use.
A detailed list of our facilities appears below. Click here to see a map of the facilities (.pdf). Already know you want to experience Verdun? Click here for instructions on how to book your experience at Verdun Adventure Bound.
Verdun Adventure Bound’s facilities include:
- 15 secluded campsites: Ideal spaces for setting up your home base during your VAB adventures.
- Education conference center building: Meeting, classroom and warming kitchen facility. Two classrooms (20 person capacity) and a “great room” with fireplace and (120-person capacity). Please note that warming kitchen facility is very limited and intended to be for holding and serving only.
- Multi-purpose building: Restroom facilities for general use. Restrooms augmented by Portable Toilet structures when necessary. Additional charges apply for the portable units. One small meeting room on the East side of the building may also serve as a first aid station although medical facilities are very limited. An emergency phone is located on the outside of the building and only the 911 numbers are operative. A small office for camp operations and maintenance material storage is also within this building.
- Greenhouse: Propagation of native plant materials for use on Verdun property. Plants may be used for non-commercial purposes outside the Verdun property when available. Includes a small Classroom (24 person capacity) and environmental demonstration area.
- Pavilion: Located near the pond this covered concrete area with fireplace, fire ring, water faucet, electricity and limited barbecue-type cooking facilities (60-person capacity).
- Pond: Located in the improved area. Approximately 3 Acres. Three small fishing piers, one expanded dock, gazebo area with fire ring. Pre-approved water activity safety plan must be in place for all users at all times.
- Canoe and kayak storage shed: Located next to pond. Canoes and kayaks are available for an additional fee.
- Ducks Unlimited® wetland mitigation site: Located on the flood plain of Delridge Run; approximately 2 acres. Controlled water capture to manage the ground growth of plant materials as a wildlife food source.
- Gazebo and docks: Located adjacent to the pond near the canoe / kayak house. Fire ring, small covered area on the docks (15-person capacity).
- Bank barn with fully equipped wood-working shop and meeting room
- Amphitheater with ornamental fire stone
- Large covered pond pavilion with open fireplace
- Ropes/challenge course: includes low ropes and planned challenge course.
- Apiary: a live laboratory for learning about bees and honey production.
- Nature trails/blue bird walk