Verdun Adventure Bound’s (VAB) facilities cover 86 acres of natural habitat that are ideal for youth-oriented groups seeking outdoor educational and adventure experiences. VAB is reserved for use by groups from churches, schools, civic, and business organizations. Such groups may make use of the facilities after completing the reservation and registration process. Overnight stays are limited to camping (campers provide their own tents and equipment). All other facilities are limited to day (8am-3pm) and evening (4pm-10pm) use.
A detailed list of our facilities appears below. Click here to see a map of the facilities (.pdf). Already know you want to experience at Verdun? Click here for instructions on how to book your experience at Verdun Adventure Bound.
Verdun Adventure Bound’s facilities include:
- 15 secluded campsites: Ideal spaces for setting up your home base during your VAB adventures.
- Conference Center: Meeting rooms, classroom, and warming kitchen facility. Two classrooms (20 person capacity) and a “great room” with fireplace (120-person capacity). Please note that warming kitchen facility is very limited and intended to be for holding and serving only.
- Multi-purpose building: Restroom facilities for general use. Restrooms augmented by Portable Toilet structures when necessary. Additional charges apply for the portable units. One small meeting room on the East side of the building may also serve as a first aid station although medical facilities are very limited. An emergency phone is located on the outside of the building and only the 911 numbers are operative. A small office for camp operations and maintenance material storage is also within this building.
- Greenhouse: Propagation of native plant materials for use on Verdun property. Plants may be used for non-commercial purposes outside the Verdun property when available. Includes a small Classroom (24 person capacity) and environmental demonstration area.
- Pavilion: Located near the pond this covered concrete area with fireplace, fire ring, water faucet, electricity and limited barbecue-type cooking facilities (60-person capacity).
- Pond: Located in the improved area. Approximately 3 Acres. Three small fishing piers, one expanded dock, and gazebo area with fire ring. A pre-approved water activity safety plan must be in place for all users at all times.
- Canoe and kayak storage shed: Located next to pond. Canoes and kayaks are available for an additional fee.
- Ducks Unlimited® wetland mitigation site: Located on the flood plain of Delridge Run; approximately 2 acres. Controlled water capture to manage the ground growth of plant materials as a wildlife food source.
- Gazebo and docks: Located adjacent to the pond near the canoe and kayak house. Fire ring, small covered area on the docks (15-person capacity).
- Amphitheater: Our modern mini- Wolftrap had its grand opening in May 2013 and is now being used during our 5 week summer camp program. The Anne Marie Sheridan Amphitheater was built by donations from the community and will be available for the community. Anyone wishing to utilize the theatre to showcase your own concerts, productions, or other performance events, please contact us.
- Challenge Courses: VAB offers an extensive variety of team building activities including thirty field games and eleven high ropes events. Your experience can incorporate anything from a trust fall to our zip wire. Our staff will work with you to customize a program of events that will match your group’s goals.
- Apiary: a live laboratory for learning about bees and honey production.
- Nature trails/blue bird walk